Romsey Pilates Studio & Clinic
To book a treatment with Stefani please call 07542629602 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments are available from Monday to Friday
Appointments include consultation and medical screening
SPORT & REMEDIAL MASSAGE
Remedial massage combines tissue manipulation with tailored exercise advice to help reduce physical aches and pain, whether they are caused by sport injury, or simply the stress of modern life.
People all over the world are discovering its wide ranging benefits, which can also help a variety of medical conditions.
- First Appointment - 45 Minutes - £37
- 30 Minutes - £30
- 45 Minutes - £40
- 60 Minutes - £50
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow.
MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being. Furthermore, MLD:
- Is deeply relaxing
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
- Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- May strengthen the immune system as part of “detox” treatment.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
- 60 Minutes - £50
Acupuncture treatment involves the insertion of fine needles into the skin and briefly left in position.
Traditional acupuncture (Chinese acupuncture) is a healthcare system based on ancient principles which go back nearly two thousand years. It looks at pain and illness as signs that the body is out of balance and the overall aim of acupuncture treatment is to restore the body's equilibrium. Traditional acupuncturists believe that the underlying principle of treatment is that illness and pain occur when the body's qi, or vital energy, cannot flow freely. There can be many reasons for this; emotional and physical stress, poor nutrition, infection or injury are among the most common. By inserting ultra-fine sterile needles into specific acupuncture points, a traditional acupuncturist seeks to re-establish the free flow of qi to restore balance and trigger the body's natural healing response.
Medical Acupuncture to treat Musculoskeletal conditions is not just a technique practised by medical physicians, it can be used by trained Sports and Remedial Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Nurses too.
The main mechanisms of action:
- Localised - via inhibiting pain signals and causing vasodilation (widening of blood vessels, causing increased blood flow) of the area.
- Analgesic - insertion of the needle stimulates the nerves in skin and muscle which supply the area which supresses the pain signal producing an analgesic effect. It also increases the body's release of natural painkillers - endorphin and serotonin - in the pain pathways of both the spinal cord and the brain. This modifies the way pain signals are received
The number of needles can vary depending on the issue and muscles involved. The practitioner will assess each patient’s case and treatment will be tailored to the individual.
- First Appointment - 45 Minutes - £40
- Follow Up Appointment - 30 Minutes - £30